বাংলাদেশ মহিলা উন্নয়ন সমিতি
আমাদের স্লোগান নারী সমাজের মুক্তি ও মর্যাদা প্রতিষটা , সামাঝিক,অর্থনৈতিক তথা সকল প্রকার চাকরী পেশা প্রভৃতিতে নারী সমাজের অধিকার প্রতিষটাও সকল প্রকার সামাঝিক নীপিড়ন ও বৈষম্য মুলক আচরন থেকে নারী সমাজকে র্মুূক্ত করা
১,মাদক ও বাল্য বিবাহ.
২,দারিদ্র দুরিকরনও প্রশিককন
৪,হেলথ এবং হাইজিন
,৫,নারী ও পরিবেশ
,৬,নারী ও শিশু অধিকার,
Name & Address :
Bangladesh Mohila Unnayan Samity (BMUS)
Dapunia , Gouripur, Mymensingh.
Phone : 09024-56100, 01534203089, 01711350196
E-mail : email@example.com,
bmus.bangladesh @ gmail.com
House # 11, Road # 6, Sector-1, Block A, Kaderbad Housing Society, Mohmmadpur, Dhaka
Telephone: 02- 9102290,01711350196, 01534203089,
Bangladesh, during nineteen eighties, is a low income densely populated developing country. The female population is approximately 48.6% of the total fast growing population. 85% of the population is rural. The economy is primarily agrarian.
The socio-economic indicators of female status reveal that women bear a disproportionately high share of the country’s underdevelopment compared to men. The literacy rate for women, 15 years and above, is 24.2% compared to 45.5% for men of the same cohort. Their life expectancy is 55.4 years as against 56.4 years for men. The daily per capita calorie intake for women is 1,599 kcal while for men it is considerably higher, 1,927 kcal. The wage rates for women are 58% of men’s for the same job, dropping to 43% during the slack season. As much as 43% women and only 8% men earn less than Tk. 100 ($2.5) per week. Between1983-84 and 1985-86, the economically active female population rose from 2.4 to 3.1 million.
Under the above context, there has been a steady transfer of the labor force from agricultural to non-agricultural occupations such as manufacturing and garment industries with some improvement in the working and living standards of women.
With the changing pattern of female labor, increasing attention has been paid to the terms and conditions of work such as wages, working hours and child care facilities in the workplace as well as access to public resources like health care, education and training. However, it has also given rise to male hostility. A group of orthodox people in the name of religion condemn women and hold women work in the paddy field in violation of keeping themselves engaged in indoor activities is responsible for crop failure. In fact, root cause of such denunciation ignorance and poor economic condition.
The subordination of the majority of women lies in longstanding social prejudices among men that women are physically and mentally incapable to becoming self-reliant. Women are considered inferior by most men. As such women’s work is undervalued both in terms of pay and status. Women are primarily expected to be wives and mothers engaged in undervalued work like reproducing and rearing children, cooking, cleaning and looking after the household. Otherwise, they are expected to work in areas considered suitable for women: such as in the agricultural sector, woman works are sowing, husking, reaping, etc. and in the non-agricultural sector, teaching, sewing, knitting, crafts and embroidery, etc.
State’s inability to contain poverty, illiteracy and corruption are increasingly depriving women from civil rights and causing vulnerability to repression. Women who are striving to come out of repression in search better life ultimately becoming victim of trans-boundary illegal trafficking by vested interests group. In the household, women are not sufficiently protected from domestic violence including dowry related tortures even deaths because these offences are not treated as family quarrels, not criminal offence under the prevailing state laws and are adjudicated under customary laws in family courts. In these arbitrations, in family courts, women are treated unequally; marriage, divorce, custodianship of children, inheritance, etc. are generally resolved in family courts through unscrupulous application of Shariah laws.
In the rural areas, women are exploited in two major ways– man made religious-cultural exploitation and sex exploitation. Mostly uneducated, rural women are virtually helpless and asset less and are vulnerable to exploitations. Women singularly have to work from dawn to late night for the family yet their contribution in economic terms towards improvement of family was unseen, unpaid, even unrecognized.
Women’s access to participation in decision-making process even at family level is also limited. Women have to live within four walls of the family in seclusion and are treated as physically weak, psychologically emotional, mentally inconsistent and born to be dependent on husband i.e. men’s superiority and women’s inferiority became social norms over the generations. Women lost their self-confidence and were quite unaware about their own capabilities. The leading cause of women sufferings in the villages are early marriage which begets secondary problems like dowry, divorce, domestic violence, physical torture on wife, living separate with minor children without maintenance support, etc. The condition of children reasonably is worse.
Despite big bleak picture of high incidence of malnutrition, high maternal mortality and morbidity rate, unplanned parenthood, underweight newborn babies, poor health status of the mothers, unschooled or under-schooled children, very poor financial status of family, apathy to education, etc. among rural population, privileged social leaders come forward and extend support for these disadvantaged people particularly women and children.
Considering the gravity and magnitude of the problems, a courageous and dedicated woman social worker, educationist and philanthropist from rural areas of Mymensingh district, Ms. Rubia Akhter took active development initiative for the empowerment of those helpless distressed women to establish their rights in the society and to increase female participation in the national economy. In the backdrop of ceaseless effort, strong commitment and able leadership of Ms. Rubia Akhter, the “Bangladesh Mohila Unnayan Samity (BMUS)” came into existence on 1st January, 1987.
BMUS established for the welfare and empowerment of women & children in distress and bring about expected changes in the sexual division of labor, higher incomes and a concomitant change in social attitudes toward women. It is a Non-Government nationwide voluntary organization and fully free from any political, religious or ethnically biased activities.
- LEGAL STATUS OF THE IMPLEMENTING ORGANIZATION:
For the legalization of development activities, BMUS got the following registrations;
Name of the registration authority
NGO Affairs Bureau
Directorate of Women Affairs
Directorate of Family Planning of Bangladesh
- WORKING COMMITMENT OF BMUS:
BMUS has a strong commitment towards quality assurance. In this regard it has been received the following certificates:
- National award 3rd prize from the honorable Prime Minister of The Peoples’ Republic of Bangladesh for the successful implementation of “Roadside Tree Plantation” supported by CARE in the year 1998.
- National award 2nd prize from the Honorable Prime Minister of The People’s Republic of Bangladesh in 1999 for same performance.
Upliftment of Socio-economic status of the underprivileged & helpless women & children for their empowerment along with access to services, participation in decision making process and control over resource.
BMUS is committed to empower the both rural & urban poorest of poor women & children by providing education, health service & development support that will institutionalize gender equality in the civic power structure to eliminate all forms of existing discriminations against women.
BMUS strives to—
Be in solidarity with the urban & rural down trodden less fortunate women & children of Bangladesh in their efforts for empowerment through health & education development and restoring their dignity and right.
Building and developing network of social development partners committed to sharing, learning and capacity building in the context of women empowerment amid the realities of widespread poverty, exploitation and lack of community participation.
Realize equitable and sustainable development of women and children.
Ensure wider social participation by continued awareness building campaign.
- CORE VALUES:
Leadership – we believe organizations should utilize the best skills of women leaders
Collaboration – we believe in working side by side rather than competitively to accomplish organizational objectives
Inclusiveness – we believe in including women and men of color in leadership roles
Diversity – we believe diversity increases performance and effectiveness in organizations
Integrity – we believe in acting ethically and honestly in all decisions and activities
Excellence – we believe in setting high standards for our organizations and ourselves
It is right of all to lead a respectful and productive life; BMUS in collaboration and cooperation with other partners facilitates development of poor and helpless women and Children in Bangladesh. The main objectives are to–
- Facilitate distressed and helpless women & children especially in institution building, empowerment and activation of group dynamism for their development.
- Facilitate organized group members in raising their social awareness for increasing their participation in the existing society.
- Impart non-formal adult education to the illiterate group members for their participation in development process through confidence building and breaking up their cultural silence.
- Impart human and skills development training both technical and vocational education for efficiency building and to enhance productive program for the development of Women in society.
- Facilitate for the success of Health, Water & Sanitation, Nutrition and Family Planning program.
- Access to facility of the services of different sectors as agriculture, health, education, water & sanitation and environmental issues.
- Extend sanitation, soft water support and environmental hygiene to the people of the project area for improving their health status and enable to reduce water borne diseases.
- Assist the Women organizations for the effective implementation of development interventions to gain economic self-sufficiency through donor’s fund.
- Assist Women & Children for creation of self-employment opportunity by their own savings.
- Mobilization program for HIV/AIDS & mother health.
- Create self-employment generation for group members through micro-credit support and mobilizing local resources to alleviate their poverty through active involvement and participation.
- Assist in increasing agricultural production such as Fish cultivation, Vegetable Gardening Livestock, Agro-forestry and cultivation of high yielding nutritional crop.
- Assist in maintaining ecological balances for natural environment preservation through tree plantation & social forestation.
- Train-up Women for their skill development & education for Children.
- Facilitate women in establishing their legal rights for happy & peaceful family.
- Ensure Women’s participation in the main stream economical activities and national development process.
- Develop linkage with relevant Government, National & International Development Agencies for wider support and cooperation.
- Work together to strengthening activities on Women & Child right and Gender Development with Women development organizations both home and abroad including the elected women representatives of local UP under the BMUS network.
- Organize various Conference, Seminars, and Workshop to explore self-interest of women.
- Good governance & participatory development.
- Implementing Hygiene education, water & sanitation development and mobilization program.
- Organize, Support, Awareness development against Child and Women Trafficking.
- To improve livestock production and introduce new technologies and HYV.
- To improve fisheries resources and introduce new modern technologies and HYV
- To improve nutritional status through improving livestock production.
১. নারী সমাজকে অর্থনৈতিক মুক্তি ও আতœনির্ভরশীল হিসেবে গড়ে তোলাই মুল উদ্দ্যেশ্য।
২. প্রকল্পভুক্ত এলাকার মানুষের মাঝে গনতন্ত্র ও সুশাসন প্রতিষ্ঠা করাই এই প্রকল্পের মূল
৩. অত্র এলাকার দরিদ্র মহিলাদের অর্থনৈতিকস্বাবলম্বিতা ও আতœনির্ভরশীলতা অর্জন মুল উদ্দেশ্য
৪. নিরক্ষর ও দরিদ্র জনগোষ্ঠীর অক্ষর জ্ঞান ও দক্ষতা বৃদ্ধি করাই মুল উদ্দেশ্য।
৫. অত্র এলাকার জনগনকে বৃক্ষরোপনে উদ্ভুদ্ব করা এবং পরিবেশ উন্নয়ন সাধন করাই মুল উদ্দেশ্য।
৬. অত্র এলাকার জনগনকে বৃক্ষরোপনে উদ্ভুদ্ব করা এবং পরিবেশ উন্নয়ন সাধন ও আতœনির্ভরশীলতা র্অজন করাই মুল উদ্দেশ্য।
১.দুঃস্থ মহিলা উন্নয়ন কর্মসূচী (ভিজিডি)
২. গর্ভবতী মহিলাদের সচেতনতা বৃদ্ধিমূলক প্রকল্প. ৩. প্রাথমিক স্বাস্থ্য ও পুষ্ঠি শিক্ষা সচেতনতা বৃদ্ধি,
৫.নারীর ক্ষমতায়নও সচেতনতা বৃদ্ধি মুলক কর্মসূচী,
৬.বৃক্ষরোপন কর্মসূচী ও প্রশিক্ষন কর্মসুচি।
৭. স্বল্প সঞ্চয় ওক্ষুদ্র ঋণপ্রকল্প
Name of Staff
Key Task Assigned
Experience and Skills
All Responsibility Conduct Meeting Planning Evaluation, Supervision all program and project, Implementation NFE education Program, Prepare HR Management Policy design Child, and Gender Development. Prepare policy, 12years non Formal education and implementation Successfully.
Preparation of annual training plan, budget preparing, Designing Training material, module and schedule as needed, Logistics Management, Develop work plan.
B.Sc. Eng(tex.) / MBA ( Marketing)
Md Muklasur Rahman
Director Planning & Evaluation
Organizational management , participatory strategic planning, community managed program, Institution building, program planning and implementation monitoring and evaluation, Project proposal preparation, children and adult education management Facilitating community managed program concept.
BSC AG (Hons.)
Woman Development Officer
Woman Empowerment, Capacity Building.
Education for Woman empowerment etc.
Prepared All kinds of Accounts, Monthly Accounts, quarterly Accounts, Project Accounts, Audit Report and Follow up All kinds of finance Related Works. Implementation Education Program in Rural And urban Area , Field Monitoring Super vision and Co ordination with Others Development Organization and stake holder.
Md Tanbir Alam
Report writing, monthly meeting, field visit , staff meeting arranged, training TOT, training feasibility, study, work shop , seminar, office management, staff management, program management, overall co ordination, supervision and monitoring, overall program management and connecting GO/NGO and other stake holder rural and urban area.
MSS( Political Science)
Maintain cash book, ledger book, Bank book, Collect Bank statement, all bill Voucher prepared by financial and HR policy and all financial record etc.
Sumaiya Sultana Parul
Teaching and learning, Academic Support Organizational workshop/seminar/meeting and social mobilization, Teacher/supervisor training and program management, report writing etc.
BSS (Honors) Social Science
Teaching, learning and women and children Program, Gender Development, report writing, Monitoring and evaluation.
BSS (Honors) Islamic History
Protima Rani Sarker
Office Maintain, Record keeping and all office management.
MSS (Honors) Political Science
Office Entertainment and others works
Md. Abul Hossain
রুবিয়া হেলাল, নির্বাহী পরিচালক
রুবিয়া হেলাল, নির্বাহী পরিচালক
বাংলাদেশ মহিলা উন্নয়ন সমিতি,
দাপুনিয়া গৈৗরীপুর, ময়মনসিংহ।